Saturday, June 11, 2011

Little Red Boots - Lindi Ortega

Today I bought and listened to the new album from Toronto singer, Lindi Ortega. I have been a fan of Lindi's music since I first met her about four or five years ago.

Over the years she has continued to write and perform. She is great to watch live. And now she has a new album out, "Little Red Boots" Now I am no music critic. I cannot tell you what song might have been influenced by what, or what style a particular tune is, but what I can tell you is that I really like Lindi's music. Lindi has a unique voice and her songs feel so personal. She has written one of my all time favourite songs, "Nothing At All" which was on her first album, "The Taste of Forbidden Fruit". This album has a number of songs that I really like. My favourites include , "Angels", "I'm No Elvis Presley" and "Dying of Another Broken Heart".

Lindi shot an excellent little video for "Angels" on her iPhone.
Here it is:



Lindi and I shot a video for "I'm No Elvis Presley" in which Lindi ran around in a cool Elvis outfit. I will have to get permission to show you the video. If I do then you will see it here.


I encourage anyone who likes music to get hold of "Little Red Boots" by Lindi Ortega. You won't be sorry.

"Little Red Boots" is available on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment