Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Survivor - Rob is a Master Chess Player

Watching Boston Rob play Survivor is a real treat. I'll get to that in a moment.

I am really enjoying this season so far. Usually it takes a few episodes to get into it, but this season things have been very entertaining from day one. Rob and Russell are a big part of that. Yet there are others that I have come to like and dislike (or at least think are dangerous to the ones I like).

I really like Russell's little alliance. Unfortunately I have a feeling that Russell is slightly behind the play so far. Ralph, with dumb luck, finds the idol. He then takes on Russell. Bad news in this scenario is that Ralph has everyone else (with the exception of Stephanie and Krista) apparently on his side.
There seem to be some smart players on Zapatera and this could be trouble for Russell, although as Russell said, he has never had the numbers, so maybe he is feeling fine. I hope so.

Now back to Rob.

I am extremely impressed with how Rob is playing. He is playing two, three and four moves ahead of anyone else. I thought that if they were to lose the challenge (which they did) that it would be a no brainer to get rid of either Phillip or Kristina. But Rob is such a great observer of people that he was able to notice Matt and Andrea getting a little too close. While I would have probably still aimed to get rid of Phillip or Kristina had I been there, Rob was smart enough to make some major plays.

He was able to strengthen his now four person strong alliance. He broke up the potential threat of Matt and Andrea. He played Phillip. He was able to get Kristina to play her idol. Wow!

Blindsides are best when the victim has no clue it is coming. Matt clearly did not see it coming. I did feel a little bad for Andrea. Previews for next week imply that she could be some trouble for Rob, but as things stand right now, Rob should be safe for quite some time. As a viewer I really would like to see him get to the merge and hopefully be able to play with Russell. Of course that means that Russell has to make it to the merge as well. That may be a harder task.

Can't wait 'till next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment