Monday, December 20, 2010

Survivor A Fabiolous Ending

Another season of Survivor over.

This season started out slow. It seemed that there were a bunch of amateurs playing the game. No one seemed to know how to play. It was on dumb move after another. One person after another talking themselves out of the game. No real winners stood out. I found it hard to cheer for anyone.

But then the game matured and some people started to stand out. Sash stood out as a threat because he was devious. Anyone who put their trust in him was a fool.
Holly, after having a crazy person moment and almost quiting the game, became a likable and smart player.
Chase was, well, as he even admitted, was wishy washy beginning to end.
Dan, useless in challenges, became a likable guy. You knew things were right in the world because Dan was always there and it seemed would always be there. No one until the end even thought of voting him out.
Fabio went from being a likable buffoon to a really likable and good observer of what was going on around him. I think he will be remembered as a very underrated player. I found myself hoping that he would win and for once, in I don't know how many seasons, the winner of Survivor turned out to be the best player and most deserving.

The highlight of the final episode, I thought, was watching Fabio win three back to back challenges in a row. One last episode and two this episode. The the delight on his face back at camp as Sash, Chase and Holly scrambled. The looks on Fabio's face were priceless. And then the final tribal council. The only one who seemed comfortable and answered all the questions honestly was Fabio. Sash and Chase both were squirming. I have to admit Fabio talking about the time with his Mom was touching and it seemed to touch most of the jury. I was really surprised to see Naonka being sympathetic to Fabio.

Then the votes are read at the live reunion show. Fabio... Fabio... Chase... Chase... Chase... Chase... here I am thinking, oh no! Another season where who I want to win doesn't. Then... Fabio... Fabio... and the winner of Survivor Nicaragua is... Fabio!

A nice reunion show with some interesting moments. Holly buying Dan some boots. Jane winning the most popular Survivor. Jimmy Johnson's story. Naonka being nice, but still delusional about how she played the game. And that jackass Shannon proving once again that he is truly a jackass.

I was surprised that they didn't get around to talk to everyone. I am thinking that we didn't here from Tyrone, Purple Kelly, Jill, and Benry.

The new rules for next year, producers being able to stop quitters from being on the jury, sound like a really good move. Here is another rule change that should be adopted. Let Canadians play! Maybe even open it up to North Americans. I want to play the game!

So that is that. I look forward as always to next season. I'm not sure what to make of Redemption Island. Who knows, maybe it will be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment