Thursday, November 18, 2010

Survivor Nicaragua - FINALLY some real game play!

I am a Survivor fan. No doubt about that. I love seeing the locations, the challenges, the hardships, the social interaction and above all good game play. This season however, has been the season of WTF are they doing? I have never seen a bigger group of morons trying to play the game of Survivor. Now, maybe this is not a fair judgement to make. It is true that we were spoiled last season by watching a group of professionals play the game. Who could compare to that? Who could compare to the moves made by, in my opinion, the two best players ever to play the game, Parvati and Russell. (I have to rank Parvati above Russell because she could easily play him).

So ten episodes into this season we finally see the group coming to their senses and making good moves. Brenda and Sash have been in charge of the game. We all saw it. I guess it took them a little longer to see it. They needed to be broken up. I personally would have targeted Sash because I think he is more dangerous than Brenda. Actually as I type this I have just convinced myself that Brenda is probably the more dangerous. This could be because I am a guy and, like Chase, could probably be blinded by a beautiful woman. I liked Brenda and was a little sad to see her go but it was the right move.

Now lets take a look at the other players. Players that have surprised me.

Holly. I didn't care much for Holly at the start. When she wanted to quit I was saying, "Let her quit." Why did she listen to Jimmy Johnson and stay. But she has started to play the game. People are starting to listen to her. She very astutely pointed out the power that Brenda and Sash had. I am liking her now.

Jane. I like her. I loved that she has now won two endurance challenges. Marty is right about her. She could be a real threat if she gets to the end.

Fabio. The dumb blonde is not so dumb. I have like Fabio since the beginning. He was just funny at first. But it is clear that his head is in the game. He is a lot smarter than he comes across. Good move to be on the side pushing to get Brenda out.

Naonka. Oh dear... I would hate to say that I am liking her. I don't like her for a lot of reasons which I'm sure are obvious. But I have to give her credit. Once she saw that Brenda was a threat she was whole heartedly for getting her out. She even turned to Fabio! A guy she has dissed at every possible chance. She even had the guts to tell Sash the way things were going to happen. Good for her. Will this mean that she is a new smart and nice person. I kind of doubt it but she made good moves that have really changed the game.

Benry. I half like him and half don't. I think that he is lucky to still be here and to have sided with the right side so far. But I don't really know where he is going.

Chase. Wishy washy is the corect term. And dangerous. You don't want to tell him your plans because he will go tell them to everyone. He should be worried.

Purple Kelly and Dan. Who are they?

Sash. Don't like him, don't trust him. My impression is that he is sneaky and will not hesitate to backstab you to get ahead. That is just what he did. Backstabbed his number one partner in crime, Brenda. Of course he was never going to give her the idol. What person would? (except of course in certain situations where it is of real strategic value as it was when people like Russell and Parvati did it). And then he also voted for her. She didn't have a chance.

Brenda. Again, so sorry to see you go. You were strong. Your alliance with Sash was strong. That I think is the reason you were voted out. I'll miss you. But now the game is so much more exciting.

So the game has begun.

I still don't have a favourite to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing it be Jane or Fabio or even Holly. Who knows?


On another note.

If you have not been watching the Camp Ponderosa videos you should. It gives you a lot more insight into the game when you see players that have been voted out talking about the game. Also you get to learn more about them as people. Alina, for example. I didn't know much about her or really care for her personality. Once I watched her at Ponderosa, I discovered that she is a very smart, very likable person.

And a final note.

Everyone knows that Survivor is on Wednesdays now, but I thought I would include a little video I made before the season started stating just that. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment