Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Couple of Doctor Who Things

This Easter Doctor Who returns with a new season. I don't often do Easter. I can never find it. It's always at a different time. But I digress.

In March, BBC put out two cool bits of Doctor Who. One was the shorts, "Space" and "Time" for Red Nose Day and the other was a new trailer for the new season.





"Space" and "Time" were silly, but funny and entertaining never the less. The exterior of the Tardis has materialized inside the interior of the Tardis, but the interior is a few moments in the past when compared to the exterior. Complicated, but not important. In fact the plot is not at all what we care about. What we do care about is that suddenly we have two Amy Ponds, then two Rorys and finally two Doctors until it is all resolved and we are back to one of each. It is the character interaction that is priceless.
At this point I must say that I always thought Amy Pond was cute, but in this she is smouldering hot. I suspect that has a lot to do with the way she was flirting with herself. I have a feeling that like Rory, I would also deserve a slap. Amy has definitely grown on me. It is her character that has become attractive, not just physically, but it's her strength and loyalty (and flirtiness) that make her so. In fact I could say much the same for Rory (a really likable character) who you actually want to be there. He is much more than a third wheel. And Matt Smith has really taken the Doctor and made him his own.



The new trailer is spectacular. It looks like we will be taken on quite a ride and get to see the characters grow some more. It seems we will find out who River Song really is. It appears that somehow Rory and Amy are in the tenth Doctor's Tardis. And we have some great Doctor lines... A VOICE "Fear me. I've killed hundreds of timelords." The DOCTOR "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

I am really looking forward to this season. Can't wait till Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment